Spaghetti Squash and Potato Latke
1 20oz pkg Already Spaghetti (2 rings), shredded and squeezed to remove excess moisture
3 medium Yukon potatoes washed and halved
1 large onion (8oz), peeled and cut into quarters.
2 large eggs
½ c all-purpose flour
2 tsp course kosher salt
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp black pepper
Safflower, grapeseed or peanut oil for frying
1 tbsp Parsley, finely chopped
Sour cream (optional)
Use a cheese cloth to squeeze the Already Spaghetti to remove excess moisture. You won’t believe how much there is! This is an important steps or the dish will be watery.
1. Grate potatoes and onion. We use a food processor with a course grating disc. Transfer to a dishtowel or paper towel and squeeze as much of the moisture out as possible.
2. Cut the shredded spaghetti squash with scissors a few times to shorten the strands.
3. Add spaghetti squash and potato/onion mixture to a large bowl. Working quickly so the potatoes don’t brown, add the eggs, ﬂour, salt, baking powder, parsley and pepper. Mix together.
4. In a medium to heavy-bottomed pan (We use a cast-iron) over medium heat, pour about ¼ inch of oil and bring to a temp where the latke will sizzle.
5. Using a ⅓ c measure, drop carefully into the oil. Cooking in batches to not overcrowd the pan. Use a spatula to ﬂatten the latke. When the edges are crispy, about 6 minutes, ﬂip. Cook the second side another 5 minutes.
6. Transfer the latkes to a paper towel lined dish and sprinkle with salt.
7. Serve with sour cream and apple sauce. (Optional)