Lemon Ricotta Spinach Already Spaghetti
2 Already Spaghetti rings, shredded
1 cup whole milk ricotta
9 oz fresh baby spinach, washed
⅓ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 unwaxed lemon, zest and juice
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, pressed
Salt and black pepper, to taste
Protein suggestions: steamed shrimped or grilled chicken
1. In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, olive oil, parmesan cheese, garlic, lemon zest and juice. Season with ¼ tsp of salt and a good pinch of black pepper.
2. Stir until well combined, taste to make sure you’re happy with the seasoning.
3. Saute the spinach in a pan over medium heat until cooked. Add shredded Already Spaghetti to the pan and toss to warm.
4. Add the ricotta sauce to the squash and spinach mixture. Stir well to evenly coat the Already Spaghetti in the sauce.
5. Serve immediately and garnish with grated or shaved parmesan cheese, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, and a little lemon zest for an extra lemony kick! Crushed red pepper flakes are optional.
Nutrition Facts per side servings: Calories 240, Fat 15g, Fiber 5g, Total Carbohydrates 17g, Sugar 5g