These veggies in disguise are now your favorite sweet treat! Already Spaghetti spiced cake topped with our delicious browned-butter cream cheese frosting will quickly become your go-to dessert for parties and any special occasions... or for any day of the week... we won't judge.
Already Spaghetti Spiced Cake
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp fine sea salt
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 ¼ cups canola or other vegetable oil
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup lightly packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 large eggs – beaten
1 ½ rings Already Spaghetti – shredded and cut into 4” strands*
1 cup pecans – coarsely chopped
½ cup raisins
*Pro Tip: Squeeze out excess water from spaghetti squash
Browned Butter and cream cheese frosting:
4 oz browned butter (see recipe below) – softened to room temperature
16 oz cream cheese – softened to room temperature
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
3 ½ cups powdered sugar
Pinch of salt
6 oz of unsalted butter
Cook on stove on medium heat until browned. Be careful not to burn. Remove from heat quickly. Allow to re-solidify before softening to room temperature.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease two 9-inch round cake pans with butter and line the bottom with parchment paper then grease the top of the paper.
2. In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda, salt, and the cinnamon until well blended.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the oil, sugars, and vanilla. Whisk in eggs until combined.
4. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl with a spatula then add the dry ingredients in 2 parts, gently stirring until the batter is smooth. Stir in the spaghetti squash, nuts, and raisins.
5. Divide the batter between the prepared cake pans. (Use a scale to be precise!) Bake until the tops of the cake layers are springy when touched and when a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 35 to 40 minutes.
6. Cool cakes in pans for 15 minutes then transfer onto cooling racks, peel off parchment paper and cool completely.
7. When the cake layers are completely cooled, frost the cake as desired.
1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and softened butter together until smooth.
2. Add powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt. Beat for 2 to 3 minutes until extra creamy. If it is too thick, add 1 tablespoon of cream or milk.