Already Spaghetti Herbed Brie with Braised Onion
Creamed Spaghetti squash:
2 tbsp salted butter
3 cloves garlic, minced or grated
½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1-2 tbsp chopped fresh sage, thyme,
or your favorite herbs
1 cup whole milk, nut milk, or coconut milk
12oz brie, cubed
Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
1 40oz pkg of Already Spaghetti squash
rings (4 rings), with as much moisture
squeezed out as possible
1 stick unsalted butter (melted)
1 quart water
1 tsp kosher salt
8-10 small onions (about 100g each)
Tip to remove moisture from Already Spaghetti:
Use a cheese cloth to squeeze the Already Spaghetti to remove excess moisture. You won’t believe how much there is! This is an important steps or the dish will be watery.
DIRECTIONS: BRAISED ONIONS
1. Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
2. Halve the onions length wise and discard the papery/dry skin layers.
Trim the tops and bottoms ensuring the onion stays together. Place in
a baking dish where the onions are separated in one layer without
overlapping each other.
3. In a bowl, whisk the melted butter, salt, and water. Once fully combined,
pour over onions. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 40 minutes.
4. Remove the foil and turn the onions over. Make sure they stay intact.
Baste the onions every 10 minutes while baking another 40-50 minutes.
The onions are done when they are soft, browned on top and the sauce
is reduced to a gravy.
DIRECTIONS: HERBED BRIE
1. Take the Already Spaghetti from the package and remove from exterior skin. Skin
can be composted. Thoroughly shred the squash. The exterior of the squash
is edible even if it doesn’t shred well. Using your hands and or a
cheesecloth, squeeze the excess moisture from the squash shreds.
Spaghetti squash is over 90% water so you will be surprised how much
comes out. This will not damage the squash strands.
2. In a medium skillet, melt 2 tbsp butter with the garlic. Cook until the garlic
is fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the crushed red pepper flakes, herbs,
milk, and Brie. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a gentle simmer over
medium heat, stirring constantly until smooth and creamy. Remove from
3. Toss the squash in the cheese sauce and serve hot with onions on top.
Drizzle extra gravy sauce and chopped herbs to garnish.